Saturday, March 8, 2008

From seeds and cuttings

The peppers are growing so well! Only 3 weeks ago I started the seed for several types of peppers (all sweet but one) and many of them are getting nice big leaves already. And about that same time I took cuttings from my wax begonia and a couple of curly ivy that I have. Both have rooted and are doing well - so well in fact that one of the little begonia starts has even bloomed! I'll try to get them out of the perlite and into some potting mix tomorrow and hopefully they will really take off then. Unfortunately, I somehow killed one pot of the ivy plants I took cuttings from...so the new ones will really just replace the pot I ruined. Oh well, maybe next year I can get some extras going.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...