Sunday, March 15, 2009

Chamomile, Marjoram, Thyme and More

Last weekend I wintersowed and within only 2-3 days the Cosmos were sprouted! That was fun - until the temps went from 70's to 20's in a day's time. And all the little Cosmos that had sprouted, turned brown and wilted. Good news is not all the seeds had germinated, and more are coming up even today. Plus I have more Cosmos seed and plan to direct-sow some in May. Other wintersown seedlings popped up this week too - Marjoram, Thyme and Chamomile survived the cold snap quite nicely.

The 4 plots of greens I sowed in the tubs-under-glass are coming along nicely - Kale, Arugula, Komatsuna, Endive and Spinach - and I'm guesstimating our first salad of the season may be in the works within another 2 weeks. I sowed Pak Choi last weekend and am seeing good germination there too. This is my first go at Pak Choi and I can hardly wait to taste it!

I had some help in my garden rounds yesterday....Roxy (aka Roxzilla), the 4 1/2 month old Pomapoo, joined me for a bit of serious sniffing and inspecting. I think she approved. Isn't she too cute?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...