Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wire wrapping

Artsy college-freshman daughter talked me into taking a jewelry-making class with her last weekend. The results are the two copper-wrapped blue stones in the photo.
She wrapped the big rectangle and I fumbled my way around the darker piece (with her help!). She wrapped the smaller pale one at home after the class, and has another one in progress. And, you can see she already has a nice selection of other stones, some purchased and others she polished in her rock tumbler. She has had a fascination with rocks and stones since she was very small, making this a natural outlet for her. I'm looking forward to where her creativity will take her...and the pieces I might get a chance to wear from time to time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...