Sunday, July 20, 2008

Kitchen Flooring Success

It is done. At last. I'm happy.
We knew it was going to be a huge project, but it went way beyond our expectations. It exceeded everything - number of foreseen issues, extent of known issues, time anticipated to do the work, costs, and - one good thing - final results. The beginning was overwhelming to say the least (see post "From Sagging to Bragging")


But now we have a beautiful, sturdy, nearly level floor. (What can I say - it is an OLD house!) I am grateful for our kids and kids-in-law that helped make this happen. And Josh, son #3, has earned the right to be our "Favorite" for a very long time with all the hours, blood, sweat and tears he put into this!

The floorcovering is a wood laminate in a beautiful walnut that suits my style, my cabinets, my walls - me! If we still love it this much in a year, we may do a couple of adjoining rooms in the same flooring. I need a year to be sure it stands the test of daily life around here - and to get the energy and funds to do more!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...