Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Growing

Of course it isn't officially spring - yet - but the flowers, trees, birds and everything else around here is acting as though it is!  I've done a bit of this and that - digging, sowing, weeding, mulching - and wanted to share some pictures of what's growing.

My favorite garden food - Green Zebra tomatoes!  I sowed several seeds indoors in a styrofoam bowl and will transplant the best 10-12 into cups after the first true leaves appear.

I've never tried starting Snapdragons, Allysum and Petunias indoors before....hoping to have tons of flowers to plant in pots all round my porch.
  
And would you believe this?  One of my little wild-type strawberries has a bloom....yes, a BLOOM!  It's mid-March....still nearly a week away from official Spring...and I might just get a few of these tiny, delectable berries before May! 
 
First blooms ever on my itty-bitty ornamental peach tree!  Just yesterday they were a very pale pink and the day before that it was covered in tight buds, and only a couple had bloomed. Wonder if any of the tiny inedible peaches will grow...
Pansies and Johnny-Jump Ups brighten our front porch in their purple and yellow hues.

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...