Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Toms Up!

Those who know me well, know that one of 
my ultimate gardening pleasures is seeing seeds germinate.
I never get tired of seeing the tiny threads of green raise their heads from the soil in search of light.  And it's so amazing to me to know that these tiny tomato babies will be standing as tall as myself in a few months, bearing fresh, juicy gems from my summer garden!
 
I've cut waaaayyyy back on the number of varieties I'm starting indoors this year.  I've got too many other irons in the fire to take care of more than I really need.  So my tomatoes this year, will of course be, my favorites: Green Zebra, Kellogg's Breakfast, and a cherry tomato I purchased at a plant sale - saved seed because we love this but don't have a clue what variety it is.  Oh, and one newbie - German Red Strawberry, from seed my sister saved and shared.
I hope to sow a few sweet peppers this week and that's it for my indoor seed starting this year.  Just can't give it up completely though - seeing these babies pop out of the soil is just too good a reminder of all the miracles that take place
around us every single day.

Happy gardening!



post signature

1 comment:

JunkinJane said...

I don't plant a garden anymore because I like planting better than weeding and harvesting! Love your spice rack do over too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...